Thursday, April 16, 2015

N for Napoleon (A to Z Challenge)

Napoleon, one of the greatest military strategists in history is my hero. He took over the reins of the French government and saved his nation from collapse.  In 1802, he established the Napoleonic Code, a new system of French law where he forbade privileges based on birth, allowed freedom of religion, and specified that government jobs should go to the most qualified. Now, over 200 years later is still applicable.

So long my friends,
Evalina

3 comments:

  1. Definitely the right man for his time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How synchronistic to find your post today about Napoleon. I just spent time this morning doing research about him as I only just today found out he was divorced from Josephine and remarried. I don't know how I didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite the historical character :)

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
    MopDog - 26 Ways to Die in Medieval Hungary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.